Fulton Industrial Community Improvement District (CID)
• Public Safety: Enhancing the safety of the FIB area through additional police patrols, shutting down motels/hotels and other businesses creating a platform for illegal activities and the installation of a security camera system with monitoring by the Fulton County Police Department
• Economic Development: Redeveloping and revitalizing the FIB area to increase economic development and implementing business retention initiatives
• Transportation Infrastructure Improvements: Working jointly with the Georgia Department of Transportation and Fulton County Public Works to improve the transportation infrastructure in the FIB area for better mobility and increased safety for vehicles, pedestrians, transit and freight
• Beautification: Improving the aesthetics of the FIB area through landscape maintenance programs and new landscape improvements
• CID Expansion: Expand the boundaries of the CID to extend from Charlie Brown Airport to Campbellton Road • Serve as a liaison between the CID property owners and Fulton County
• Designation of an Opportunity Zone for a portion of the FIB corridor, allowing businesses in the designated area to qualify for tax incentives for job creation
• FIB Redevelopment Framework adopted by Fulton County BOC that will create a strategic plan of action and will be a catalyst for change and reinvestment in the area.
• Re-location of several Fulton County departments to FIB corridor to be part of the solution in revitalizing the area. Departments include: Environment & Community Development, Public Works Transportation, Police and Fire as well as offices for Fulton County Commission Districts 5 & 7
• Receipt of stimulus bonds for FIB area economic development initiatives to include: $350K for purchase and installation of surveillance cameras and $1.3M for transportation improvements including signal upgrades and intersections improvements
• Enhanced Landscape Maintenance Program made possible through a joint agreement with the Fulton County Public Works Department and the Georgia Department of Transportation as well as regular FIB litter pickup with agreement through the Fulton County Jail System
• Formation of new Fulton Industrial Boulevard Community Improvement District (CID) in Fulton County
• Plans for new Aviation Community Cultural Center near the Charlie Brown Airport, with architectural and engineering design services currently being procured
• Passage of Georgia HB Bill 549 that provides for additional power within each CID to be involved in public safety initiatives.
• Arrest and indictment leads to Guilty” Plea and 12-year sentence for former FIB area pimp by Fulton County Superior Court