• Designation of an Opportunity Zone for a portion of the FIB corridor, allowing businesses in the designated area to qualify for tax incentives for job creation
• FIB Redevelopment Framework adopted by Fulton County BOC that will create a strategic plan of action and will be a catalyst for change and reinvestment in the area.
• Re-location of several Fulton County departments to FIB corridor to be part of the solution in revitalizing the area. Departments include: Environment & Community Development, Public Works Transportation, Police and Fire as well as offices for Fulton County Commission Districts 5 & 7
• Receipt of stimulus bonds for FIB area economic development initiatives to include: $350K for purchase and installation of surveillance cameras and $1.3M for transportation improvements including signal upgrades and intersections improvements
• Enhanced Landscape Maintenance Program made possible through a joint agreement with the Fulton County Public Works Department and the Georgia Department of Transportation as well as regular FIB litter pickup with agreement through the Fulton County Jail System
• Formation of new Fulton Industrial Boulevard Community Improvement District (CID) in Fulton County
• Plans for new Aviation Community Cultural Center near the Charlie Brown Airport, with architectural and engineering design services currently being procured
• Passage of Georgia HB Bill 549 that provides for additional power within each CID to be involved in public safety initiatives.
• Arrest and indictment leads to Guilty” Plea and 12-year sentence for former FIB area pimp by Fulton County Superior Court